Donations

Kelowna is considering to provide donation receipts for citizens who are making the $$ contributions to the park partnership project. Are there other municipalities doing it? What $$ threshold of donation would you consider providing tax receipts? Thank you!

Comments

• Hi Carson, Invermere has been doing this EXTENSIVELY this last year with all of the fundraising efforts for our new community facility. Threshold is $20. I don't know the scope of your project, but it has been really helpful that we set up an online donation website that automatically generates donation receipts for the donors which has cut down on manual receipts tremendously. Hope this helps! Cheers, Karen

Karen Cote
    District of Invermere
    [email protected]

• Thank you Karen. The scope of our project is going to be BIG. It will be over $100K. If the threshold is $20, it would be very difficult to manage for the donation receipts. Will you have the online donation website information how to set it up? We would be interested to look into this option. Thanks again, Carson

• please email me Carson at [email protected] and I can give you some more detailed information on set up.

Karen Cote
    District of Invermere
    [email protected]